I love, love, love the California Raisin! It’s more than just looks, although he is adorable! Raisins are a great snack! Again, another reason Mom had it right all those years ago when she put the little red box in your lunch bag (I love Moms)!
Choose raisins because…
- They’re a top source of antioxidants.
- Deliver potassium and dietary fiber, including inulin to promote digestive health.
- California Raisins may help fight dental plaque and gum disease.
- Raisins are low in sodium and naturally fat and cholesterol free.
- Eating adequate fruit servings is associated with reduced risk of heart disease and cancer.
- These dried grapes contain natural fruit sugars, a good source of energy.
For musicians raisins are a great choice to fuel up after the show. Why?
- California Raisins have a carbohydrate distribution of approximately 36% fructose and 32% glucose. Both of these simple sugars are readily absorbed by the body and are easily converted into energy.
- Convenient, nutritious trail mix with raisins and nuts is smart fuel before exercise. Raisin research with 10- to 12-year-old soccer players showed that a pregame raisin and nut snack provided a more sustained, steady source of energy than a bagel and lemonade snack.
- Research with trained endurance athletes found raisins provide a more steady fuel source with less rise in blood sugar compared to a sports energy gel. Raisins are all-natural, taste great and provide fiber and other nutrients.
Because I’m realistic here’s a practical tip to get raisins into your mouth after the show:
Just about to lose my mind…honey, honey~Information obtained from http://www.calraisins.org/professionals/healthy-benefits-of-raisins/
Just Wendy Jo